Please use this application as a way to best describe your lifestyle and what you are looking for in a pup. Be as thorough as possible; the more information we receive, the better we can ensure a correct match. Stray Love Found is a fantastic all volunteer team, so please allow us 48-72 hours to read over applications and contact your references. If you do not hear back within 3 business days, please first check your spam folder, and then email email@example.com to check in.
As we process your application, explore the “Our Pups” section of our website. These are rescue dogs available in our care network, but check back often; more are added (or adopted!) everyday. Simply click on each photo to read a dog’s unique description. If using certain mobile devices, click the black dot on the bottom right of a selected picture to see the description.
A general guideline of our adoption fees & what is included can be found below. Our fees are case-dependent in some cases, and is discussed with an approved applicant PRIOR to adoption.
Puppies 8 weeks - 1 year: $550
- Puppies come with all AGE APPROPRIATE vaccines (a general vaccination schedule for pup's first year included in adoption packet), dewormed, up to date on flea/tick/heartworm preventatives, and skin scraped when necessary.
- 2 health certificates. One from their attending veterinarian who evaluated them before travel (if from out of state), and one from a licensed Massachusetts vet.
- A 48 hour holding period in our state regulated quarantine facility, to help ensure their overall health and temperament (if from out of state).
- 30 days of FREE pet insurance through Trupanion.
- 1 FREE post-adoption exam to any VCA in Mass.
- A detailed crate training schedule/guideline if pup is under 4 months.
- Starter training plans, resources, and lifelong discounts with our certified training partners.
- A post-adoption “orientation to training” class to answer questions & offer support to new adopters.
- Microchip with HomeAgain with lifetime registration.
- Spay/Neuter** It is the responsibility of our adopters to spay or neuter their puppy by 6 months of age or as directed by a licensed veterinarian. Referrals to the Friends of Animals Certificate program (and a list of participating vets in MA) is included in our adoption packet, along with other low-cost programs in MA & RI. $50 of your adoption fee may be refunded after proof of spay/neuter BY 6 months of age, or as specified by Stray Love Found.
Adult dogs 1 year plus: $450 or case dependent
- Comes with all of the above, plus the option of a one-on-one evaluation with our trainers as needed.
***All dogs come with their current food, a toy, leash, and collar. We do allow a 7 day "perfect fit" period. If for some reason it does not work out within the first week, adopter may return dog for a refund MINUS $150, which will go towards the time and costs of rehoming pup. During this 1 week period, we do offer the option of borrowing a dog crate as needed.